Teacher – Early Childhood & Preschool
Teachers – Early Childhood & Preschool – $42,000-$57,000/year DOE
Sun Lakes, AZ
A client in the Sun Lakes area is looking to hire both Early Childhood Education and Preschool Teachers. Responsibilities include creating a flexible program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; establishing effective rapport with students; motivating students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; and establishing good relationships with parents, community and other staff members.
- Prepares lesson plans in advance in all core areas of the curricula reflecting AZ college and career readiness standards.
- Identifies clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
- Maintains good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Assesses students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Supports the diverse educational and cultural backgrounds of the students served.
- Teaches planned lessons to an entire class of students or to smaller groups.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Uses computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Plans ahead by completing lesson plans one week in advance.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Grades students’ assignments to monitor their progress.
- Maintains a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Communicates with parents about their child’s progress.
- Communicates and consults with parents over all aspects of their children’s education – academic, social and emotional.
- Works with students individually to help them overcome specific learning challenges.
- Prepares students for standardized tests required by the state, BIE, etc.
- Develops and enforce classroom rules to teach children proper behavior.
- Create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to children’s learning.
- Organizes and manages groups or individual students ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- Plans opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of students’ learning.
- Ensures effective use of support staff within the classroom, including parent helpers.
- Ensures that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- Supervises children outside of the classroom—for example, during lunchtime or recess.
- Participates in staff meetings, grade level meetings and on-site professional development as required.
- Maintains a portfolio of professional development and training undertaken.
- Participates as part of a whole school team.
- Actively participates with and implements guidelines set by instructional coaches and administrative staff.
- Promotes the welfare of children and supports the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
- Promotes the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education.
- Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state and federal laws.
- Attends all school sponsored events.
- Handles minor behavior modification at the classroom level
- Sets criteria for participation in school events, field trips and extra-curricular activities at the beginning of the year to not preclude a child from participation unfairly.
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certification
- Early Childhood Endorsement
- Valid Arizona DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Ability to Pass National Criminal Background Screen
- Must meet ESSA/NCLB / Highly Qualified Requirements
- Covid-19 vaccinations required prior to start Job
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.