RN Behavioral Health
RN-Behavior Health- 13 week contract
Tennessee Behavioral Health is growing!!
Short-Term Contract for a 13-week assignment- Opportunities for conversion can occur after the contract period
Knoxville’s newest behavioral health provider is seeking experienced RNs to join our team of professionals. As Knoxville’s newest behavioral health hospital, we provide a full continuum of behavioral health treatment services for adults and seniors. Our goal is to deliver compassionate, personalized care to those who turn to us in their time of need.
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS
The temp schedule is a FT set schedule for nights (7:00pm – 7:00am). This position requires three 12 hour shifts each week. This position also requires an every other weekend rotation
REGISTERED NURSE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing patients’ physical and behavioral health needs.
- Develop and implement nursing care plans.
- Maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physicians’ orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patients’ status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information is gathered and documented.
- Notify physicians of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency, change in medical status regarding response to medications, and related challenges.
- Ensure that initial nursing treatment plans are completed upon admission and that all nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note.
- Document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Complete admission and discharge processing efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, respecting personal space, giving patients direct attention, and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, co-workers, and others involved inpatient treatment.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current Registered Nurse (RN) license as required by the state of employment or be eligible to practice nursing in accordance with state requirements
- One year of nursing experience; previous psychiatric, mental, behavioral, or substance abuse nursing experience a plus
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.
If interested, please reach out to Sevana at 602-788-5890 or email Sevana@apnusa.com with an update resume.
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.