Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist – $24/hour
Hybrid-remote in Tempe
The State of Arizona is looking for a Registered Dietitian Nutrition for a temporary position contracted through June 8, 2024 with the possibility of extension. Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. This is not a 100% telework position; there is an option to work in a shared clinic space, or time may be split working remotely from your home and in a shared clinic space; home access to a computer, mobile device, and the internet is necessary if you choose to split time between home and office; daily communication with co-workers will be through virtual meetings, email, and Microsoft Teams messaging. Participant interactions will include virtual appointments via video and phone as well as in-person appointments • A flexible work schedule is needed that may include evenings. Exerting 20-25 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly
- Responsible for providing services to clients in the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program that require nutrition counseling from a degreed Nutritionist such as medium risk nutrition counseling and education, formula approvals, verification of eligibility, nutrition assessment and education.
- Provide services to WIC participants such as high-risk nutrition counseling, formula, and food approvals, verification of program eligibility, anthropometric, and hemoglobin tests
- Provide counseling in a participant-centered manner through motivational interviewing and emotion-based counseling to elicit behavior changes
- Conduct nutrition and breastfeeding assessments
- Act as a preceptor for Dietetic Interns
- Experience in community, public health, clinical, or outpatient dietetics
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or a related field approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) through the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Documents findings, makes recommendations, and prepares management reports. Knowledge of basic data collection techniques.
- Ability to apply prescribed analytical and evaluation methods in conducting studies.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.