Southeast Valley of Arizona
The Practice Manager is responsible for the overall management and development of the organization. Manages providers, directs, supervises and coordinates the overall operation of clinical and administrative functions.
- Demonstrates competence in leadership, communication, professionalism, organizational and analytical skills, and technical/professional skills and knowledge performance of duties and responsibilities rendered to the customer population served.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates competencies related to the application of our core values.
- Practices all facets of health & safety.
- Practices human resource responsibilities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Development and maintenance of effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in preparation and presentation of reports to management. Ability to remain calm in urgent situations.
- Planning (strategic and short-term) and organizing.
- Demonstrated skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrated skill in report analysis and the interpretation of complex data.
- Ability to set priorities and avoid crisis management.
- Organization policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Ensures fiscal management and human resource management techniques.
- Up-to-date in all health care administration, and governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Contributes to the preparation of all budgets by anticipating expected revenues and expenses to achieve organizational objectives.
- Ensures that all organizational obligations to vendors and suppliers are met by maintaining policies and procedures for procurement and payment to minimize expense and maintain a stable supply of resources.
- Supports the financial viability of the organization by identifying and fostering key business relationships with banks, accountants, attorneys, etc., to ensure the integrity of the business; Maintains a system of controls by monitoring and enforcing checks and balances to minimize the risk of financial loss and ensure organizational integrity.
- Participates in negotiations of third-party contracts, selecting those with terms most favorable to the organization and monitoring contract terms in order to maximize reimbursement.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and Joint Commission standards by implementing and monitoring personnel policies and procedures to protect employees and the organization.
- Works within the employee appraisal system to provide direction, enhance workforce capabilities, and identify training needs.
- Employs the optimal number of well-matched personnel by developing an effective placement program and workforce plan in order to contribute to the success of the organization.
- Addresses employee problems and concerns by maintaining pro-active and responsive employee relations in order to achieve a high rate of employee satisfaction and performance.
Planning and Marketing
- Formulates an effective strategic plan by analyzing the environment and gaining consensus on the organization’s direction in order to maximize the organization’s success
- Informs the public of the value of the health care provided by our organization by creating and participating in effective public relations programs to differentiate and promote the organization
- Examines the possibilities for growth by identifying opportunities for partnerships and strategic alliances to enhance market position and organizational effectiveness
- Responsible for designing and implementing new programs to increase revenue
- Develops a customer relations program by conducting periodic surveys and recommending improved procedures to meet or exceed the appropriate expectations of patients, staff, and outside stakeholders
Information Technology Management
- Oversees ongoing information needs for the organization
- Directs effective implementation plans, maintenance of databases and provides access to training resources to continually improve performance
- Exercises due diligence throughout contract development, negotiations, and compliance by reviewing, analyzing, and consulting appropriate resources in order to diminish risk
- Manages governance and operations by remaining within the definition of the organization’s established legal structure in order to maintain compliance
- Resolves conflicts by addressing complaints immediately within established grievance procedures in order to avoid litigation
- Discourages criminal activity by monitoring policies involving personnel and property in order to protect patients and staff and limit financial exposure
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient, staff, and organizational proprietary information by monitoring policies to protect the privacy and rights of those entities
- Responds to all reports of inappropriate conduct with corrective solutions through investigation, discussion, and monitoring with organizational leadership to protect patients, staff, the organization, and others
Governance and Organizational Dynamics
- Implements strategies that actualize the organization’s strategic vision, mission, and values in collaboration with the physician leadership in order to achieve organizational goals and to ensure highly satisfied stakeholders
- Continually improves the governing system by evaluating the effectiveness of the policies, political dynamics, and cultural values in order to sustain healthy stakeholder relationships
- Promotes organizational and individual success through ongoing support, encouragement, empowerment, and effective teamwork to enhance staff loyalty and productivity
- Oversees the collaboration of clinical and business staff in the development of policies, procedures, programs, protocols, and systems, to provide an efficient and accurate patient encounter that will improve the organization’s effectiveness, and the quality of patient outcomes
- Provides effective communication linkages through telecommunication and/or internet-based technologies to ensure customer access, service, and operational coordination
- Develops a facilities planning program by periodically evaluating facility capabilities in order to meet the ongoing operational needs of the organization
- Advances personal knowledge base by pursuing continuing education in order to enhance professional competence
- Promotes individual and organizational integrity by exhibiting ethical behavior to maintain high standards for the organization, the employees and the patients
- Responds to the needs of others through effective communication, mutual respect, and consistent follow through in order to generate trust and enhance personal effectiveness
- Mentors employees to ensure the highest levels of performance and customer service
- Formal contact person form patient complaints
- Oversees and provides facility management including outside and inside regular maintenance ensuring the safety and health of the patients and employees
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, orientation discipline and evaluation of all office employees. The recruitment, hiring, orientation discipline and evaluation of all front office employees (e.g. providers) will be coordinated with the Director of Operations
- Coordinates practice interests in any renovations
- Bachelors Degree in Health or Business Administration.
- MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years previous medical practice management experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Accountability- Role Model, mission, vision and shared values
- Customer Focus:
Has a clear understanding of internal customers needs, preferences, timelines and decision-making criteria
Recognizes that building long-term customer satisfaction is the key to employee engagement
- Teamwork – If someone needs help, help them
- Initiative – Be innovative, apply fresh ideas and continuously improve how you do your work
- Confidentiality – Maintains strict confidentiality and respect the privacy of others
- Ethical – Demonstrate consideration and appreciation for co-workers and customer
- Respect – Demonstrate – consideration and appreciation for co-workers and customer
- Conflict Management. Can read situations quickly. Steps up to, and into, conflicts while seeing them as opportunities
- Dealing with Ambiguity. Thrives on situations involving risk and uncertainty, and anticipates the impact of change and directs self and others in smoothly shifting gears
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both written and verbal form and adjusts the message to fit the audience (e.g. employees, management, community, Board of Directors, etc.)
- Problem Solving. Requires interpersonal awareness, the ability to identify people’s wants and needs and to respond to each effectively. Uses logic to solve complex problems with effective solutions and looks beyond the obvious and does not stop after getting the initial answers
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.