Point of Care Coordinator
Point of Care Coordinator – $30-35/hour DOE
Sun Lakes, AZ
Contributes to and improves medical laboratory coordination with all patient facing functions of the enterprise by performing the following duties personally. Responsible for ensuring that all critical tasks are fulfilled on a timely basis. This is a full-time position Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Provides technical, scientific, and management guidance to the Point of Care Team throughout the hospital in order to meet or exceed accreditation standards.
- Establishes test system performance characteristics while ensuring that all staff are performing testing accurately and according to requirements.
- Reviews and responds correctively to Quality Control data.
- Resolving technical problems and ensures that remedial actions are taken successfully.
- Ensures that all test systems and methodologies are functioning properly.
- Evaluates lab activities in order to positively impact patient care, staff relations, and efficiency/quality of service.
- Works productively with medical staff, other employees, and management as needed to ensure the Point of CareTeam functions highly effectively on all dimensions.
- Maintains and monitors quality control, quality assurance and proficiency testing programs.
- Chairs Performance Improvement teams as necessary and works with management to resolve issues and improvepatient care.
- Orients and trains staff members on lab subjects of expertise.
- Continually improves knowledge and abilities in lab subject areas.
- Demonstrates ability to regularly change priorities in order to accomplish tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing, while performing all essential functions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or a closely related field required.
- Certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or as an American Medical Technologist (AMT) required.
- Experience as a Point of Care Coordinator
- 2 years of clinical laboratory experience required.
- Demonstrates ability to relate to diverse cultures
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.