Pediatric Physician Assistant OR Pediatric NP
PEDIATRIC PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT or “PEDIATRIC NP”
S. Central Arizona
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
Promotes and maintains patients health by providing health care services to the extent to which she/he is licensed and/or certified.
- Under the general supervision of the Medical Director, examines patients, takes medical history, records results, and makes preliminary diagnosis of disease, illness, and injury and decides care plan, or follow-up procedures.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Identifies short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed, provide information, and recommend options and course of action
- Orders diagnostic tests such as X-rays, electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test results
- Performs therapeutic procedures, such as immunizations, injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens and promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient care plans, instructing and counseling patients, and recording progress
- Works in triage and makes decisions on patient care needs
- Maintains outpatient records by documenting patient care services
- Record statistics, conduct research, and compile reports as deemed necessary by the organization
- Performs referrals to specialists as needed, writes prescriptions for medications and equipment, and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment
- Provides general health education regarding matters such as proper diet, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Assists physician, as required, for emergency treatment and procedures that are more complex
- Instructs nurses, medical assistants, back office assistants regarding assistance with patient care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner or physician assistant program (graduation from one of these programs requires a high school diploma or equivalency)
- Current approval by the Joint Board of Medical Examiners and Board of Nursing to perform medical acts
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in Arizona
- Master of Science in Health Sciences or related field required
For more information, contact Ren’e at 602 788-5890 x116 or email at Rene@apnusa.com
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.