Medical Social Worker – SNF (13 week contract)
Medical Social Workers $50 an hour – 13 week contract
Social Workers with long-term care experience, we have a very lucrative opportunity in the South Chandler area to work with a long-term care facility with a guaranteed contract for 13 weeks. Contract extensions are determined every three months.
This is a full-time position earning the rate you need for M-F, 8-5. Qualified applicants must have at least two years of long-term care experience and a clean background.
- Screens and assesses patients in order to determine their social history, personal and family resources, and record of substance abuse to develop an effective treatment plan.
- Provides instructions and referrals to patients so that they may obtain and utilize medical, socioeconomic, and mental health related resources.
- Reviews assigned patients’ charts and medical histories in order to determine appropriate referral services and an appropriate treatment plan.
- Provides individual, family, and group counseling and education to patients as appropriate.
- Coordinates with other providers in a multi-disciplinary team to optimize patient treatment.
- Collaborates with patients, family members, and other stakeholders to assess barriers to success and determine appropriate responses.
- Performs case finding procedures by regularly reviewing inpatient and outpatient records for diagnosis, physician notes, and indicators of services needed.
- Coordinates with medical and nursing staff to facilitate closure of cases or referrals, enhance patients’ understanding of treatment options, and obtain third party assistance as needed.
- Provides consultative services to medical and nursing staff regarding program and patient matters related to the use of community resources, interagency relationships, and social and emotional adjustments of the patient and their family.
- Manages and oversees care coordination of assigned case load to ensure effective care delivery and continuity of care across multiple providers.
- Summarizes findings and provides interpretations to providers in order to assist in providing the overall treatment plan.
- Performs other job-related activities as requested.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social work; OR Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a human-services related major, including sociology, gerontology, psychology, rehabilitation counseling or special education. Master’s degree in social work is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in a healthcare setting where the individual is working as a supervised social worker who works directly with individuals.
- Current and continuing CPR and AED training and certifications.
- AZ Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Demonstrates ability to relate to diverse cultures and specifically the Native American cultures and community health services.
If you’re interested, we’d love to speak with you more to tell you about the position. All immunization records are required, including MMR, Hep B, Varicella, Tdap, Covid Vaccination Record and a 2-step TB skin test. FPCC is also required. Position to start immediately!
To learn more, please email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 602-788-5890.
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.