Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
As a licensed practical nurse (LPN), you will help administer daily medication and help provide skilled nursing care and other health related duties to patients under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- 5 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 2 p.m. – midnight
- 8 p.m. – 6 a.m. (**Priority need**)
- Provide healthcare to patients inside the facility.
- Assess patients, report findings and deliver appropriate nursing interventions under the direction of a health care provider.
- Use multilingual capabilities for accurate oral translation and communication to ensure continuity of care; Use “language line” translation service to ensure continuity of care.
Preferred education and/or experience
- Experience in medical setting requiring large medication passes.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Preferred Intravenous Infusion Therapy/Venipuncture certification.
- Completion of Licensed Practical Nurse program and a valid unrestricted license as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing (or issued by another state recognized by the Arizona Board of Nursing as a multi-compact license state) with no current, pending, or prior disciplinary action on nursing license.
This position is within a correctional health facility.
Applicants must have the ability to
- Medication administration
- Cuff Checks
- Sick call process
- Administer TB skin test to youth and employees
- Administering immunizations according to CDC guidelines
- Lab draws
- Hearing and vision testing
- Assisting physicians
- Treating recreation and fight injuries
- Welfare Checks
- Conduct intake screenings
- Responding to code 3 Medicals (Emergencies) with 30 pound ER bag
- Assisting State RNs with duties
- Cleaning duties
For more information, contact Chris DeArmond at 602 788-5890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.