INDEPENDENT LICENSE THRU ARIZONA BOARD OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH!!!
Provides clinical direction/supervision and consultation to Counselors. Distributes cases to appropriate team members to ensure effective delivery of treatment. Ensures the availability of all services and supports practices to meet behavioral health needs of patients in accordance with established treatment plan.
- Provides supervision to Counselors and assigns cases to team members based on assessment of team member’s skills and competencies to ensure delivery of effective and appropriate treatment in accordance with the established plan of care.
- Identifies, develops and provides for education and training of staff designed to further skills, knowledge, and competency.
- Acts as point of contact/coordination for oversight of treatment plans to ensure adherence to principles of client care and delivery of covered services in accordance with plan.
- Ensures client charts are being reviewed/audited for appropriate documentation per internal audit tool.
- Reviews treatment plans of Counselors to ensure plans adhere to established criteria.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Counselors to convene, facilitate and/or participate in clinical team meetings to monitor patient progress against goals.
- Will manage cases/caseload as needed.
- Participates in recruitment and selection of new Counselors.
- Participates in staff development plans, disciplinary actions, and performance evaluations.
- Represents Behavioral Health as part of interface between social service agencies, Courts and treatment providers to ensure timely and coordinated communication.
- Develops and implements transition, discharge and aftercare plans of assigned patients.
- Performs other job-related activities as requested.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or closely related field required.
- Current and valid State of Arizona Board of Behavioral Health license in Behavioral Health field as an independent practitioner required.
- 2 years of experience in Mental Health counseling required.
- State of Arizona driver’s license with no significant violations during the last 5 years.
- Current and continuing CPR and First Aide training and certifications required.
- Demonstrates ability to relate to diverse cultures.
To apply for this position, contact:
Rene Pelayo 602-788-5890 x 116
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.