Emergency Room Registered Nurses (RN)
Emergency Department RN
Gallup, New Mexico
The Emergency Department (ED) nurse is responsible for the overall movement of patients by coordinating all patient care activities and be a liaison with the ED provider to ensure that care can be delivered in an efficient and safe manner.
- BLS, ACLS, TNCC, ENPC/NRP, PALS
- Minimum 3 years Emergency Department experience.
- 12 hour shifts with 24/7 nursing coverage for patient care.
- Subject to shift rotation (day/mid-shift/night).
- Weekend and holiday work.
- Lead Clinical Nurse/Charge Nurse duties as needed for flow of patient care.
- Has authority to direct all team members in prioritizing patient flow
- Is a single point person for providers minimizing their interruptions and facilitate communication with all providers.
- Assigns patient to staff and rooms.
- Monitors room availability and turnover.
- Assures that orders, collections, and procedures are coordinated.
- Notifies provider when a patient is ready for disposition.
- Is a liaison with other departments and checks on delays all sub processes, including lab, imaging, pharmacy and consults.
- Coordinates admissions and transfers with tour supervisor, inpatient charge nurses, providers, transport teams, and receiving facilities.
- Sets priorities for patient placement for ED admissions, obtaining patient arrival times for direct admit, and communicating with tour supervisor and unit supervisor in an on-going basis as unit situation changes.
For more information, please contact Chris at Chris@apnusa.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.