Director of Sales
Director of Sales – Automotive
The Director of Sales will work with a leading global provider of DaaS and SaaS solutions that empowers the data-driven automotive ecosystem.
Expectations of the role:
The Director of Sales is responsible for developing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual financial targets. Director of Sales duties will include hitting targets, building relationships, and understanding customer trends while building and supporting a strong Inside and Field Sales Team.
What you’ll do:
Direct, control and administer the sales activities of the company as well as provide the President of the Americas with financial assessments and information which will ensure planning and budgeting activities meet company and corporate goals.
- At all times and in all respects conform to and comply with all relevant laws, rules, policies, or procedures and corporate governance issues relating to the conduct of the affairs of the company, in relation to or in connection with the performance of the duties and the position.
- Report on a regular and consistent basis to the President and other company executives as necessary, on activities and performance of sales including timetables, obstacles, breakthroughs, innovations, material deviation from plans, and such other matters of importance, to facilitate quality communications between all disciplines of the company.
- Direct the collection of sales information and the preparation of pipeline reports, sales forecasts, sales performance, and budgets.
- In conjunction with the President establish company-wide methods (including policies, procedures, and systems) to accurately determine, project, and assess human resources and other cost inputs that initially and on an ongoing basis contribute to the costs of sales.
- Control the selection and training of sales staff, establish lines of control, and delegate responsibilities to subordinate staff.
- Ensure the implementation and continued operation of appropriate sales processes and procedures for the company’s operations ensuring approved systems and processes are in place to mitigate and manage risk with respect to the company’s sales operations.
- Give direction, provide leadership and be a role model for the organization.
- Do all that is reasonable to promote, develop and extend the business prosperity of the company.
- Report to the President on a regular basis, a transparent manner as to how sales are progressing in terms of its business results, strategic objectives, financial performance, and such other matters of a nature where it would reasonably be considered good judgment to inform the President.
- Develop and implement a framework of communication throughout the team and the company to ensure full knowledge of corporate, company, and key operational issues are disseminated
- Manage the operational aspects of the business of sales to include but not be restricted to efficiencies and workflows, staff development and reasonable reward infrastructure, succession planning, and increasing skill levels.
- Originate systems of overall reporting and review and ensure they are maintained
- Maintain the health of the Sales team by endeavoring to ensure employee morale is maintained at a high standard, as measured by surveys and staff retention rates
- Travel to the extent necessary to be effectively present in places required to give effect to responsibilities, functions, and duties of this role and position.
- Be accountable for all aspects of sales and initiate and maintain key strategic customer partnerships. Lead the team to achieve profitable, sustainable growth and increased market share
What you’ll bring:
Related Bachelor’s Degree, MBA, or master’s degree
- Eight years or more of related experience in Sales
- Five years or more leading a successful Sales team
- Proven ability to strategically plan and execute company objectives
- Excellent ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner verbally and in written form
- Exceptional listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers, mobile devices, and Microsoft Office
- Automotive industry or Automotive software experience.
- Management of a sales team.
- Proven track record with Sales teams.
Why Choose us:
Put simply, we are a business that is a global leader in our industry on the cusp of a period of growth, innovation, and evolution and we have no plans to slow down anytime soon. We develop beautifully crafted, data-driven cloud software solutions for some of the best and most well-known automotive brands across the globe. The day-to-day varied work coupled with our relaxed, informal, yet high-performing environment are the key things that make our team happy.
Culture and Benefits:
Here we take our team members and our service very seriously. We live by our core values of Accelerating Performance, Driving Innovation & Service, Navigating Global, Steering Locals, and Having Fun in the Fast Lane. We work hard but we play hard too. We offer a robust benefits package including paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements, health perks, growth and career development, and recognition.
For more information, contact Cameron at 602 788-5890 x120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.