Under clinical supervision of a Dentist and under administrative supervision of the Director of Health Services helps provides a variety of preventative and restorative dental care services to patients. Works to provide high quality dental care and hygiene education to patients. This job class is treated as FLSA Non-exempt.
Clinical: Provides chair-side assistance duties for the Dentist in all phases or restoration, prosthodontic, surgical, endodontic and periodontal treatment.
- Must be fully functional in all aspects of the job within 6 months of obtaining Dental Assistant (DA) Certification.
- Assists with all routine, advanced and specialty procedures, including dental examinations, oral surgery and general dentistry.
- Works with varnishes, sealants, dental films and impression models
- Provides compassionate care for all patient age groups, especially children, youth, and elders.
- Performs routine prophylaxis and topical fluoride treatment assigned by the Dentist.
- Operates dental x-ray equipment to take intra-oral and extra-oral radiographs.
- Processes and mounts radiographic films.
- Provides patient education and instruction in prevention of oral diseases and post-service and operative care.
- Maintains professional knowledge regarding new procedures and emerging issues in oral health.
- Cleans, packages and sterilizes all dental instruments, utilizing autoclave, and ultrasonic cleaner.
- Takes primary dental impressions for study model, pours stone and trims model.
Administrative: Acts as Receptionist. Answers phone calls and schedules patients.
- Pulls and files medical records.
- Maintains supply levels and requisitions supplies for the dental clinic.
Miscellaneous: Performs other job-related tasks as assigned by the Dentist or Director of Health Services.
- Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited Dental Assistant program AND at least 1 year of full-time experience as a Dental Assistant preferred.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid or receive certification within six months of hire date.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.