Crisis Support Specialist
Crisis Support Specialist
** Shift Options available
** Excellent Benefits
Provides crisis intervention expertise and counseling directly to patients during evening and weekend/holiday hours by performing the following duties personally. Responsible for ensuring that all critical tasks are fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Maintains exclusive focus upon patients, the quality of their condition and care, and their individual needs without significant distraction by administrative and non-patient contact activities.
- Complies fully with all patient medical records and information privacy regulations, state and federal.
- Takes all steps necessary to fully ensure employee patient and medical data confidentiality and security.
- Ensures that patients receiving care are well cared for according to state and federal regulations as well as contemporary behavioral health practices.
- Provides crisis intervention services directly to patients and residents while ensuring that repetitive crises on individual bases are prevented.
- Utilizes professional expertise to prevent negative outcomes such as violence, anti-social behavior, suicide and self-victimizing trauma, and develops patient/family/ community safety plans.
- Evaluates and accurately documents patient condition, and continually adjusts response methodologies accordingly.
- Maintains exceptional working relationships with various internal behavioral health experts and external behavioral health resources.
- Determines if acute psychiatric care is necessary and gains facility admission on a rapid basis when patient conditions and risks warrant it.
- Takes all actions necessary to ensure that all behavioral and medical care is fully coordinated in a best practice manner while creating and ensuring healthy behavioral and medical outcomes.
- Documents all pertinent and required patient information and data completely, accurately, and rapidly on a verbal, written and/or electronic basis frequently within multiple record-keeping and reporting systems.
- Consults with other members of the medical, behavioral health and EMS teams to ensure that patient needs are met and for the purpose of arranging other appropriate interventions.
- Ensures that all appropriate entities such as schools, facilities, businesses, law enforcement agencies, and other governmental authorities are notified in specific patient cases when warranted for safety and/or patient care reasons.
- Communicates thoroughly and clearly with all members of patient care and treatment teams.
- Assesses patients and residents for referral to external treatment resources and makes appropriate referrals.
- Helps patient and family through individual or group discussions to ensure that patients/residents understand, accept, and follow behavioral and medical recommendations.
- Facilitates discharge planning while notifying all appropriate authorities and agencies of risk situations, such as Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Services, law enforcement, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to regularly change priorities to accomplish all tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing, while performing all essential functions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Masters’ Degree in Counseling or Social Work required.
- Current independent licensure from Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as either LPC, LCSW, LMSW, LISAC, LAMFT, LASAC, LMFT
- Two to five years of recent experience within a residential mental health and/or substance abuse treatment facility with at least two recent years of experience successfully counseling individuals in crisis situations.
- Experience within a multi-cultural health care environment strongly preferred, with Native American direct patient serving experience required.
- Arizona drivers’ license with no major violations during the prior five years.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse cultures.
For more information, contact Ren’e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x 116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com.
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.