S. CHANDLER or S Phoenix ***
FULL TIME / DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY***
Plans, organizes, and conducts behavioral health therapy with patients, with behavioral health and substance abuse recovery needs by performing the following duties personally. Responsible for ensuring that all critical tasks are fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Maintains exclusive focus upon patients served, the quality of their care, their individual needs and their medical outcomes without significant distraction by administrative and non-patient subject activities.
- Complies fully with all patient medical records and information privacy regulations, state and federal.
- Takes all steps necessary to fully ensure patient and medical data confidentiality and security by all department staff.
- Coordinates all work duties with manager.
- Assesses patient behavioral health and substance abuse needs using best behavioral health practices.
- Provides inpatient or outpatient behavioral health therapy services including screenings, consultations, evaluations and ongoing behavioral health therapy treatments.
- Performs patient, group and family therapy services.
- Evaluates and accurately documents patient progress and continually adjusts treatment methodologies accordingly.
- Develops, adjusts and manages patient plans of care.
- Consults with other members of the behavioral health team to select programs and methods consistent with needs and capabilities of patients and to coordinate behavioral health therapy with other treatment activities as appropriate.
- Selects constructive activities suited to individual patient capabilities.
- Collaborates with Case Managers on details of individual patient cases, therapies, progress and results.
- Teaches skills and techniques required for participation in treatment activities and evaluates/documents patient progress on an accurate basis.
- Revises therapy approaches based upon patient progress, limitations and needs.
- Coordinates fully with individual patient clinical team members and communicates as appropriate with patient referral sources.
- Complies fully with all behavioral health care standards and regulations.
- Provides timely documentation in accordance with all regulatory and payor requirements.
- Participates and consults in interdisciplinary therapies care coordination and program discharge planning.
- Demonstrates ability to regularly change priorities to accomplish all tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing, while performing all essential functions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Masters’ Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Substance Abuse or closely related field of study from an accredited university or college.
- 2 years counseling and/or therapist mental health and/or substance abuse treatment experience.
- Current independent license from Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as either LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LISAC required; or obtainable within 2 years in position.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- Current and continuing BLS training and certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse cultures and specifically Native American cultures and community health services.
To learn more, please contact Ren’e at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.