Contracts & Grants Writer – Hybrid-Remote
Contracts & Grants Writer – $25/hour DOE
Hybrid-Remote in Sun Lakes, Arizona
A healthcare organization in the east valley looking for a Contracts & Grants Writer to join their team. This is a temp-to-permanent opportunity with AMAZING benefits when converted to permanent. Position is telecommute for the foreseeable future, but must be able to work in the office if, and when, that changes back to an office setting.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/ week position.
The Contracts & Grants Writer will assist the efforts of the Department Directors in assessing immediate and long-term needs of the Departments; planning new and expanded programs of service, researching and writing grants; and securing the grant financial funding. This position will also assist the efforts of the Department Director in researching, preparing, and administering Contracts and Agreements for a wide and varied range of services, including the drafting of comprehensive statements of work and related contractual documents.
- Shall monitor Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs), the Federal Register and other notifications of public and private sector resources available to meet high-priority needs of the client; respond to notifications and inquiries received from administrators and department directors; and share information regarding resource availability with administrators and department directors.
- Shall meet regularly with administrators and directors to review grant opportunities and develop funding priorities. Following review and prioritization, potential funding shall be presented to Executive Leadership and the Board of Directors to maintain consistency of mission with the strategic plan, prior to submittal of the grant.
- Shall act as a project leader for all assigned grant applications. Creates time line for grant completion and gathers the necessary information from administrators and directors for grant completion. Performs necessary research to supplement application narrative, budget, or attachments. Facilitates timely updates to leadership on grant application adherence to timelines. Alerts Contract & Grants Director of delays that may affect timelines.
- Shall assist administrators and department directors regarding grants in developing program strategies, goals, work plans (including goals and process objectives & outcomes) staffing plans, and budgets. Realistic time frames for program implementation and sustainability shall be considered and developed.
- Shall facilitate program coordination and optimum resource utilization by serving as a liaison between departments and programs. This may include: meeting with department directors regularly to discuss goals and funding opportunities, and attending department events to gain a better understanding of department activities.
- Acts as a liaison to funding sources, including local, private, county, state and federal agencies. Considers establishing on-going support relationships when approaching foundations as well as one-time gift opportunities.
- Shall review and edit all grant(s) and contract(s) documents for grammatical and informational completeness, review content for clarity, and accuracy.
- Shall bear primary responsibility for the internal workings of all the grant(s) and contract(s) documents. This includes: maintaining a transparent filing system, making copies of grants available to the Contracts & Grants Director, CFO, Finance, Staff Accountant, writing and developing Tribal Resolutions as needed, returning all phone calls and correspondence (written and electronic), and other related tasks.
- Must possess valid Arizona driver’s license, good driving record, and be insurable by the Insurance carrier.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Researches, reviews, and drafts as required contracts and agreements to ensure they are in accordance with applicable budgetary, specifications, regulatory, and Tribal standards.
- Ensures that the contracts and agreement developed for each project are complete, enforceable, and accurately reflect all general and project-specific conditions. The initial duties for this role may at times involve the development of contract/agreement scopes of work, bid forms and bid packages and the preparations of shopping carts for the issuance of contracts.
- Shall meet regularly with Director and other GRHC staff to review contract/agreement opportunities and requirements, including areas of construction, services, capital, and education.
- May act as a project leader for all assigned contract/agreement applications and documentation. Creates time line for contract/agreement completion and gathers the necessary information from related parties to perform the necessary research to supplement the contract/agreement narrative, budget, or attachments.
- Shall complete and submit monthly Contracts Agreements status reports to be submitted to the Contracts & Grants Director.
- Works in and supports a collaborative environment to write and recommend negotiated terms in all contracts/agreements, and recommend change order terms including, but limited to legal terms and conditions.
- Effectively and professionally interface with the vendors and other interested parties and project stakeholders to meet timely project delivery and the overall program goals. This may likely include the preparation and delivery of complete bid packages required to go to bid within the program schedule.
- Will assume accountability with the department director for the internal workings of the contracts/agreements documentation and tracking within the department. This includes: maintaining a transparent filing system, making copies of contracts/agreements grants available to the department director, and all others upon request and with valid to receive such.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism or closely related field; equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- At least 5 years previous experience grants and contract writing including responsibility for preparing and submitting annual grant activity reports, coordinating contractual/agreement order requests, substitutions, or revisions
- Fluent in software such as Microsoft Office Programs. Able to navigate financial and healthcare programs to expedite data mining for proposals and grants, as well as periodic reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
For more information, contact Sevana at 602 788-5890 ext. 122 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.