Clinical School Counselor
CLINICAL SCHOOL COUNSELOR
*** Excellent Benefits
Responsible for providing appropriate behavioral health services to students in relation to behavioral, interpersonal, alcohol, or substance abuse concerns. Identifies and assesses individual and group needs, develops and implements treatment, therapy, and education programs based on counseling. Communicates frequently with other school staff, students, families, and external sources to provide effective care services. Ensures that all activities and documentations are performed timely, accurately, and in compliance with applicable behavioral health regulations and standards.
- Provides guidance and coaching to school staff regarding behavior plans and other school activities.
- Performs outpatient behavioral health therapy services including intakes, screenings, consultations, assessments and ongoing individual or group/family therapy services when appropriate and ensures timely and appropriate referrals are made.
- Provides clinical case management by developing, adjusting, and managing student treatment plans and participating in coordinating care and discharge.
- Collaborates with other behavioral health team members to create appropriate counseling curricula and individual and group behavioral health treatment and education programs based on student counseling and student life quality outcome methodologies.
- Supports behavioral health therapy services, including intakes, screenings, consultations, and assessments,
- Initiates and manages communication with parents and guardians to properly involve them in behavioral health activities for their children.
- Performs accurate and evidence-based behavioral health and substance abuse assessments based on individual circumstances.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation of all student demographic information and behavioral health data, treatments, and progress. Completes required reporting as necessary.
- Participates in Individualized Education Plan, 504 Plan, and Child and Family Team meetings.
- Performs behavioral interventions/assessments in crisis or emergency situations as needed.
- Provides classroom observation as needed.
- Remains available during all normal school operating hours for counseling assistance to students.
- Performs other job-related activities as requested.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or a closely related field of study required.
- 3+ years of previous counseling experience in a school setting preferred.
- Previous experience with diverse cultures and parent populations preferred.
- Current Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) approved by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card required.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
Please call Rene at 602-788-5890 x116 and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.