Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk – Automotive Dealership
Full-Time Monday – Friday
- $25.00-$28.00 (depending on experience)
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing all accounts payable invoicing ensuring payment is approved, and that all required documentation is accurately and timely processed and recorded.
- Compiles and maintains verified accounts payable records.
- Process vendor payments and issue direct checks and reimbursements.
- Reconcile and verify statements to company books, verify company on line charge account balances and payments.
- Keep vendor files and information current. Work with other departments for follow up and work flow. File EDD reports.
- Data entry of invoices
- Ensure intercompany accounts are reconciled and all discrepancies corrected
- Ensure proper authorizations on check requests from department supervisors and managers
- Prepare and mail all accounts payable checks by due dates
- Maintain current tax ID, liability and workers comp information for new vendors as required
- Screen new vendor requests by verifying required documentation and approvals are received by department managers
- Contact vendors and reconcile all accounts for missing invoices. Answer all vendor inquiries.
- Assist in monthly closings.
- Maintain and clean up vendor master list, providing copies as necessary.
- Maintain current filing system for vendor invoices and vendor tax and insurance information
- Assist and work with Business Manager producing 1099’s and other yearend filings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Automotive accounting experience preferred.
- CDK experience preferred.
- Experience reconciling accounts and vendor statements
- Familiar with issuing vendor payments, 1099 requirements and liability insurance coverage
- Extremely organized, able to meet deadlines and complete month end tasks on time
- Good communication and follow up with other departments
- Intermediate computer skills. Proficient with Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail
For more information, contact Kityra Mitchell at 602 788-5890 Ext 112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in knowing about potential job opportunities that you may be interested in? By applying to this job, you agree to be added to our email list to receive information about possible job opportunities applicable to your skills and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.